The Seafood Innovation Project is building an innovation ecosystem to improve the sustainability of Indonesia’s aquaculture and fisheries sectors. Through collaboration with a range of stakeholders, the Seafood Innovation Project will source, support and scale innovative solutions to market.
We’re seeking innovators who are responding to the following three challenge areas:
- Innovative Financing. By developing innovative financial products, fishers and farmers will have increased capital and financial security to make their businesses more sustainable. This could look like:
- Equity/capital crowdfunding schemes specifically dedicated to fishery businesses
- Tools to assist fishery data capture and bookkeeping to meet banks or investors’ needs
- New approaches that provide stability and safety against production risks for fishery
- Novel Technology. Creating novel technologies that will enable fishers and farmers to apply more sustainable aquaculture and wild catch fisheries practices. This could look like:
- Alternative fish feed for aquaculture that minimises the use of wild catch stock
- Sustainable fishing gear to minimise direct or indirect environmental damage
- Affordable waste management technology that prevents contamination in aquaculture
and the environment
- Market and Demand Creation. By creating demand for sustainable Indonesian seafood, fishers and farmers will be incentivised to shift to more sustainable production methods. This could look like:
- A consumer-centric guide to sustainable seafood products that influences buying decision
- Digital platforms tailored to promote restaurants and retailers that source sustainable
- Traceability technology that informs consumers about the provenance of seafood
to increase purchases of sustainable seafood
If selected, you will:
- Join the growing SIP Network and innovation ecosystem, building connections and relationships with key stakeholders from corporates, government, the NGO community, investment and academia.
- Attend in-person Summits where you will collaborate with a curated group of advisors, investors and stakeholders on how to improve your product, and scale your business and its impact.
- Join a group of fellow innovators working towards a shared goal of a more sustainable seafood sector in Indonesia, and collaborate to overcome common challenges
- Gain access to knowledge, potential funding, and pathways to new markets in Indonesia and abroad.
- Applications open: 19 November 2018
- Applications close: 14 January 2019
- Review of applications and online interviews: 15 January - 14 February 2018
- SIP Community Accelerator begins: 18 January 2019
Submit your application via https://seafoodinnovation.co/ and contact firstname.lastname@example.org