Ant Financial, the parent company of Alipay, and NUS Enterprise, the entrepreneurial arm of the National University of Singapore, are committed to promoting equal development opportunities in the Southeast Asia region.
The Alipay-NUS Enterprise Social Innovation Challenge is a joint initiative to seek out the most innovative social impact enterprises, with a focus on digital technology towards building an inclusive society. Top innovations may potentially receive further support to amplify their positive impact on the society.
Jakarta Roadshow Rundown
Date: Wednesday, 21 November 2018
Venue: BLOCK71 Jakarta
- 6:00 pm – 6.30pm: Registration
- 6.30 pm – 6.40pm: Introduction to NUS Enterprise & BLOCK71
- 6.40 pm – 6.50 pm: Introduction to Alipay
- 6.50 pm – 7.30 pm: Panel Discussion: Social Innovation
- 7.30 pm – 7.45 pm: Presentation about The Alipay-NUS Enterprise Social Innovation Challenge
- 7.45 pm – 8.00pm: Q&A
- 8.00 pm – 8.30 pm: Networking, End
About the Challenge
The challenge will be accessible to all start-ups which aim to achieve social impact in Singapore and/or Southeast Asia (starting with Indonesia and Malaysia first) by leveraging digital technology to solve social issues relating to equality development and opportunities.
Areas of focus could include but not limited to the following:
● Helping low-income groups gain access to more jobs or education opportunities.
● Helping the elderly and the disadvantaged groups such as people with disabilities, migrant workers and low-income families keep pace with the fast-changing society as technology advances.
The challenge is open to anybody and everybody with an innovative business solution that addresses social issues in Singapore, Indonesia or Malaysia , regardless of age and nationality. However, the proposed ventures should be independent entities, i.e. not subsidiaries of an existing corporation or legally-linked to a government entity.
The participating teams need not incorporate/register their venture before applying. However, in the event they are picked as one of the prize winners, their venture has to be legally incorporated in order to receive the prize money.
The proposed challenge aims to attract start-ups that are ready to scale based on proof of concepts.
Up to 10 start-ups will be shortlisted in each country where semi-finals country pitching will be carried out. Top 3 finalists in each country will be selected to participate in the grand finale in Singapore.
Note: There will also be a clause in the application form for participants to declare that information submitted is true at point of submission. In the event that they are found to provide false information, their prize money will be clawed back.
Submission of entries will be in English language only.
Prizes & Benefits
- Cash prize of S$10,000 for top 3 in each country, and S$50,000 for the Grand prize.
- Potential mentorship and incubation support from the organisers and partners.
- Opportunity to collaborate with Ant Financial on projects with social impact.
- Certificate of Recognition for bringing social impact to the community.
- Media and networking opportunities through partner platforms, events, and connection to start-up/social impact communities.
- 1 Nov 2018 to 15 Jan 2019: Application open
- 16 Nov 2018: Launch Event in Singapore
- 21 Nov 2018: Jakarta Roadshow
- 8 Dec 2018: Jakarta Workshop: Business Model Canvas for Social Enterprises
- 16 Jan to 13 Feb 2019: Judging Round 1: Selection and Online Judging in the 3 countries
- Mid Feb 2019: Announcement of top 10 in each country
- End Feb 2019: Indonesia Final – Pitching session
- End Mar 2019: Top 9 finalists fly to Singapore for the Grand Finale
Apply for the Challenge – http://alipaynusseachallenge.com/sign-up/