Hi Social Entrepreneurship Enthusiasts!
Young Sustainable Impact (YSI) is working to gather young talents from all around the world to develop solutions for the UN sustainable development goals. We do this through a threefold mission. First of all creating youth-driven sustainable business through an online innovation program. Secondly, we have built and are building a youth-led movement focusing on sustainability that is called Earthpreneurs. Thirdly, through working to influence established businesses and organizations on sustainability-related challenges.
This year, YSI will be convened YSI Global Innovation Programme 2019 with the aim to create a real startup that helps solve the sustainable development goals and are economically viable. Brilliant individuals are put in international teams of 3 people and will go through 4 modules and 8 objectives in five months. 4,5 months is online and the two last weeks is in Oslo, Norway where you get a fully funded trip to meet mentors, your teammates and investors.
YSI program offers knowledge and tools in innovation, creativity, and leadership. We train the teams to operate their own startup, as well as going from nothing to a fully fledged startup in 5 months. We provide close mentorship and follow up through our innovation team, access to the YSI network of talents, partners, and mentors. We also train the team's to find the necessary information and help they need for themselves. The program will be facilitated online, primarily using an education platform named www.novoed.com.
1. Team (Objective 1 - 2)
- Understand, communication and trust
- Common vision
2. Understand (Objective 3-4)
- Triple research
3. Solution (Objective 5-6)
4. Build (Objective 7-8)
- Brand and full shape
- Prototype and action plan
After round 3 we interview to figure out who should be in the program, and we put you in a team. Over the first three weeks of the program, we will assess if the team works or not. The teams are usually of 2-3 people (but during the program your team can build with one more person from the YSI database).
The people we are looking for should recognize themselves in these sentences:
- 16-28-year-old people
- All countries are welcome to apply
- People with 15-35 hours to use every week from April-August.
- Dedicated people with a real drive for solving complex problems.
- People who are willing to make time and wants to create a real startup.
- People with a proven track record of excellence in resilience, drive, and who are passionately able to use their skills and knowledge towards a project of any kind.
- Open minded people who are willing to understand different walks of life, see things in a new perspective, and with an intention of creating a positive impact.
- People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, and bold enough to actually do it.
- People who don't get discouraged by creating a startup remotely with new people from different continents.
- People who can make decisions and keep their cool under extreme uncertainty.
You can apply to YSI if you are between 16 and 28 years old. From 11th of January you can head to www.ysiglobal.com/program to apply.