The application is now open for the Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) APEC Startup Training that will take place in Brisbane, Australia, October 22-26th on the side of the APEC Chief Science Advisors and Equivalents Meeting. Selected science and technology entrepreneurs will spend four days in extensive training to help improve their business ideas, perfect their pitch, and showcase their innovations during a Demo Day with senior business leaders, policymakers, academics, and Chief Science Advisors and equivalents from across the APEC region. This is a chance to meet other entrepreneurs and decision makers from across the region and to have your startup highlighted on the global stage.
The application can be found at: http://www.GISTNetwork.org/GISTAPEC2018 and applications close August 31st. Final decisions will be shared with applicants by mid-September.
We are looking for teams of two from APEC economies that:
- Are between the ages of 18-40 by the time of the workshop
- Have a science and technology focused startup
- Have at least basic written and spoken English proficiency; unfortunately we are only able to offer the training in English
- Special consideration will be given to teams that:
- support women-ownership in business;
- invest in women or vulnerable communities, such as first peoples, indigenous peoples, or those from rural communities;
- use inclusive company growth strategies that engage women or vulnerable communities; or
- seek to build innovations that address the needs of women or vulnerable communities.
Some funding is available for travel for selected teams. If there are any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Marie Silver (email@example.com.)