The GIST Tech-I Competition is an annual competition for science and technology entrepreneurs from emerging economies worldwide. Aspiring innovators submit their ideas and startups online which are then reviewed by experts before they enter a global public vote to pick the top entrepreneurs who compete in the Tech-I finals.
For the 2019 competition, up to twenty-four finalists will receive an all-expense paid trip to the Global Entrepreneurship Congress in Bahrain to showcase their venture and to receive intensive training. GIST Tech-I winners, selected by experts at GEC, win prizes, and receive one-on-one mentorship and training.
Since 2011, innovators from around the globe have showcased their science and technology ventures to the world through GIST Tech-I pitch competitions. Thousands of expert reviews have taken place and the online voting public has cast over 1 million votes in support of these talented young innovators.
The GIST Initiative is led by the U.S. Department of State, and the Tech-I competition is implemented by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
How to Apply:
- You will need to log into your GIST Network account before applying. If you do not have a GIST Network account, you will be able to make one through this application.
- Once you are logged into your GIST Network account, proceed to the 2019 GIST Tech-I application by clicking on the “APPLY” button below.
- Please fill out every section of the form before saving your application. This application will take between 10 and 15 minutes to complete. All required questions must have a response in order to save the application. You can edit these responses after you have saved your application.
- If you choose to make changes to your application, you can access it from the dashboard on your GIST Network profile. You are allowed to make changes to your submission until the application deadline.
- Documents Required: In addition to responding to biographical questions, you will need to provide responses to several business and technical questions about your startup and provide a 90-second pitch video. Click here to view the business and technical questions in advance.
- If you are creating your GIST Network account through this application, you will need click on a confirmation link that will be emailed to you. If you do not, your application will not be submitted on the application deadline.
If you have questions about the Tech-I application or specific application questions, please contact Tech-I@GISTNetwork.org.
NOTE: ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 11:59 A.M. EST ON FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 30, 2018.