Despite the economic growth, 87 million Indonesians remain vulnerable to food insecurity.
Indonesia has the fifth-highest number of stunted children in the world. 8.4 million children are stunted (excessively small for their age) and suffer from chronic malnutrition. Stunting can reduce a person’s productivity and increase risks of non-communicable diseases such as diabetes and heart disease.
Malnutrition costs Indonesia more than US$5 billion annually due to lost productivity as the result of poor education standard and diminishing physical capability.
Indofood, BLOCK71 Jakarta and Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network (SBN) are delighted to invite you to the Indonesia’s first ever nutrition-focused startup pitch competition.
Indofood Local Pitch Competition
We welcome startups that are working in nutrition sector, especially those addressing these issues:
- Childhood obesity
- Under-5 (balita) stunting
- Anaemia in Adolescence
We are looking for startups that are solving those three key areas
- Increasing availability of nutritious foods (high in 5 essential micro-nutrients Iodine, Vitamin A, Iron, Folate, Zinc )
- Production and preservation
- Making nutritious food choices appealing
- Influencing techniques
- Increasing access of nutritious food in hard to reach areas/delivery
- Encouraging active lifestyles
- Any other solutions that solve the above-mentioned issues
Joining this competition will give you exposure to the corporates and investors who work on the same problem that you care about – to solve the nutrition issues in Indonesia. You will also get extensive media exposure, mentoring session and feedback from the experts on your business.
- Getting a week worth of mentoring and technical advice from Indofood and SBN:
- Mentoring from Mr. Axton Salim, Executive Director of Salim Group
- Advice from R+D, marketing, regulatory affairs, and social media teams of Indofood
- Global SBN team will offer the winner a platform to engage the global platform of multinationals for advice to the startups
- Attending investment event focusing on nutrition in Nairobi on October 16-17, we will cover the flight and accommodation associated to this event.
Register yourself through http://bit.ly/nutritionpitchcompetition